Annual Giving Campaign
A gift to the MVSEG Annual Giving Campaign (AGC) is the single most important gift to give to the Mar Vista school community. MVSEG bridges the gap between what LAUSD funds and the support and enrichment programs that enhance the day to day lives of ALL Mar Vista students –including art, science, technology, class-size reduction teachers, classroom aides, performing arts, P.E., social-emotional learning, and so much more! We are asking every family to donate $125 per month, or a one-time $1,500 donation, or any amount that works for your family. Our goal is 100% participation! Your support acts as a vote of confidence in Mar Vista and sends a strong signal of your belief in the Mar Vista education. Thank you for your continued support and generosity!
WHAT IS MVSEG?
Mar Vista School Enrichment Group (MVSEG) is our all-volunteer, parent-led booster club dedicated to enriching the educational experience of every Mar Vista student. MVSEG is a 501 (c) (3) corporation, so donations are tax-deductible!
WHAT DOES MVSEG PAY FOR?
MVSEG pays for the following enrichment programs and enhancements that benefit ALL students at Mar Vista:
- Classroom Size Reduction Teachers: We pay for 2 extra teachers in order to keep the class sizes small!
- Classroom Aides: devoted and supportive aides in each TK-2nd grade class and on the yard to supervise children
- Visual Arts Program: specialized art supplies for students and instruction by an inspirational art instructor
- Science Program: experimental supplies and hands-on lessons supported by thought-provoking science instructors
- Technology Program: fully equipped computer lab and passionate computer lab instructor
- Performing Arts Program: educational foundation in music theory and performing arts led by an enthusiastic and talented teacher. In addition, we also support Dance instruction.
- Physical Education Enrichment: energetic coaches that keep our kids active and outdoors
- Social-Emotional Learning: support programs that help students to acquire skills to develop healthy identities, manage emotions, nurture positive relationships, feel and exhibit empathy, and make responsible choices
HOW MUCH SHOULD I DONATE?
We are asking each family to donate $1,500 to the AGC – and if you can donate more, we greatly appreciate it, and if that is too much, please contribute what you can. Every dollar counts! Our main goal is 100% family participation! Donations may be made in a single payment or monthly installments.
WAYS TO DONATE:
Please provide student’s name and room number on all donations.
- Zelle “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- VENMO – “@MVSEG” https://venmo.com/u/mvseg
- One-time online donation via Paypal
- Monthly online donations via Paypal
- Mail a check made payable to MVSEG to:
PO Box 66008
Los Angeles, CA 90066
- Appreciated securities (stock) donation
A tax-wise way to support Mar Vista by donating appreciated securities. If your securities are held
longer than 1-year, you can deduct their full fair market value, regardless of what you originally paid
for them. For more details, please email us at email@example.com
Notify Allison Meyer of any donation transfers at Treasurer@mvseg.org.
Bank: Raymond James & Associates, Inc.
Account #: 538XV049
Reference: Mar Vista School Enrichment Group – [donor’s name]
- Corporate matching gifts
A matching gift can double or even triple your gift to Mar Vista. Please contact your human resources department for eligibility information and to obtain matching gift procedures. Contact Voy Levy (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance to find out if your company will match your donation.